When cooking for family gatherings or holidays, do you ever wish you had an extra burner? Saladmaster stack cooking gives you the ability to cook food in multiple pans over one burner. Food stays warm and you can relax and entertain until you are ready to serve your guests. Stack cooking saves time and conserves energy so you can enjoy cooking and serving delicious meals without even turning on your oven.
Stack Cooking with Multiple Pans
Stack cooking is easy. First, when stack cooking with multiple pans, invert one pan and set it as a cover for another pan and start cooking over medium heat. Once there is water bubbling along the rim of the pan, the pan should spin easily when the handle is pushed in a circular motion. Reduce heat to low.
Next on another burner, start cooking food over medium heat in a roaster that is using an inverted pan as a cover. Once water bubbles along the rim of the pan, turn off the burner and stack pan over the first pan that is already cooking. Repeat same cooking process with other pans to continue stack cooking.
Thanks to the built-in core layer that evenly conducts heat across the bottom, up the sides, and through the cover, each piece of cookware becomes a little oven of its own, with the top piece of cookware becoming nearly as hot as the bottom piece.
Sample Stack Cooking Menu
Here are some menu ideas to help you get started with stack cooking:
1. Traditional Roast - Compile ingredients for a Traditional Roast in the 7 qt. roaster.
2. Lemon Blueberry Cake - Next, prepare half a box of lemon cake batter and then pour batter into the pudding pan that is lined with blueberry pie filling. Transfer pudding pan on top of the Utility Rack that's set in the 7 qt. roaster.
3. Invert the 5 qt. roaster to use as a high dome cover for the 7 qt. roaster. Set heat to medium and reduce heat to low once there is bubbling around rim of the pan.
4. Garlic Mashed Potatoes - Using Cone No. 3 of the Saladmaster Food Processor, shred 6-7 medium potatoes and 4 cloves of garlic into the 4 qt. roaster. Lightly rinse with water and drain potatoes. Invert the 3 qt. roaster and use as cover for the 4qt. Place pan on burner over on medium heat. Once water bubbles around rim of pan, turn off burner and stack pan on top of the 5qt roaster. Season and mash potatoes once cooked.
5. Sweet Potato - Using Cone No. 1, shred sweet potato into the 2 qt. pan. Blend in a dash of cinnamon. Cover and place pan on burner over medium heat. Once the Vapo-Valve™ starts clicking, turn off burner and stack 2 qt. on top of the 4 qt.
Stack Cooking Tips
- Food that requires longer cooking time should be placed closer to the bottom of the stack.
- Do not stack cook on tilted burners.
- It is fine to check if your food is cooked according to recipe directions. After checking, simply cover and if necessary to continue cooking, set temperature on medium heat. Once water bubbles along rim of pan, reduce heat to low or stack on top of another pan that is cooking.