30 - 40 minutes
4 - 6 servings
1 ½ Qt./1.4 L Sauce Pan with Cover
A zesty and colorful recipe with crisp apples and firm plums. Add some healthy high fiber fresh fruit to your diet with this great twist on a traditional salsa. Tastes great served warm with the Turkey Patties.
gala apples, cored and medium diced, divided
red firm and ripe plums, pitted and medium diced, divided
red sweet pepper, medium diced
small shallots, finely diced
unsweetened apple juice
cinnamon, or 1 cinnamon stick
- In sauce pan on medium heat, add shallots, 1⁄2 of apples, 1⁄2 of plums and peppers. Sauté until moisture begins to gather from the mixture and it is well blended, approximately 5 - 6 minutes.
- Add brown sugar, apple juice, cinnamon and balsamic vinegar. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 8 - 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and gently fold in the remaining apples and plums.
- Let cool or serve warm with the Turkey Patties or other poultry dishes.
- Use your imagination with this recipe and introduce other fruits and vegetables in season. Creating and personalizing your own salsa can be great fun!