Saladmaster Food Processor
9" Small Skillet with Cover
3.5 Qt. Double Walled Bowl
7" Santoku Knife
Authorized Saladmaster Dealer
You will love this salad recipe as it is a great side dish, perfect for a family meal or a potluck. Great Asian flavors and so quick to make - enjoy!
Peanut Butter Dressing
honey or agave nectar
olive or sesame oil (try half olive oil and half roasted sesame oil)
- Place edamame in skillet and cook on medium heat. When Vapo-Valve™ clicks, reduce heat to low and cook edamame until cooked-crisp. Rinse in cold water.
- Combine all of the slaw ingredients in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss well. Let sit at least 10 minutes so vegetables have a chance to soak up the dressing. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Serve cold.
- Combine all ingredients in medium bowl. Stir with a whisk until peanut butter is dissolved. I like blending it with a blender - it's quicker to dissolve the peanut butter.
- It is important to use organic peanut butter- try the fresh ground. Store-bought peanut butter can be full of hydrogenated oils and sugar.
- If you have an allergy to peanuts try using almond butter or sesame butter (tahini).
- Sprinkle with black sesame seeds for a dramatic presentation.
- The word edamame means "Beans on Branches." Edamame is a green vegetable more commonly known as a soybean, harvested at the peak of ripening right before it reaches the "hardening" time. A great addition to soups, salads and a yummy snack!