6 - 8 servings, 1 1⁄2 cups (370g) total
11" Large Skillet with Cover
Baba Ghannouj, pronounced "Ba-ba-ga-noosh", is a popular and tasty Greek dip made from eggplant, which is low in saturated fat, sodium and cholesterol.
dientes de ajo, picados
de jugo de limón
de tahini (pasta de semillas de sésamo)
de pimienta negra
de aceite de oliva
- Cut top stem off of eggplant and then cut eggplant in half lengthwise. Wash both halves of eggplant and leave very damp.
- Place eggplant in skillet skin-side down. Cover and place heat on medium-low. Cook approximately 25 minutes or until eggplant is tender when stabbed with a fork.
- Allow to cool. Scoop out the flesh with a large spoon and place into a food processor. Discard skin.
- Add remaining ingredients into blender and pulse for about 2 minutes. Can be mashed by hand.
- Place in serving bowl, garnish with parsley and serve with toasted pita bread.
- Can be made 1-2 days in advance.
- Can substitute pita bread with flatbread or crackers.
- Makes a delicious sandwich spread.