10 pancakes, 1 per serving
11" Large Skillet with Cover
small mixing bowl
large mixing bowl
Start the day off right with a healthy breakfast. Bananas add a scrumptious taste and are rich in vitamin C and potassium. They help you feel full and will provide plenty of energy.
whole-wheat pastry flour
banana, ripe, mashed, (about 1⁄2 cup)
soy milk or non-fat milk
maple syrup, chopped nuts, sliced bananas, optional
- In a small mixing bowl combine flours, baking soda and salt. Stir to mix.
- In a larger mixing bowl combine banana, milk and vinegar, mix thoroughly. Add flour mixture and stir just enough to mix.
- Preheat griddle over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on griddle skitter and dissipate, pour small amounts of batter onto skillet and cook until tops bubble and edges are dry.
- Flip pancake and cook other side until golden brown, about 1 minute. Serve immediately. Top with maple syrup, chopped nuts and sliced banana if desired.
- You can purchase oat flour at a natural food store and in some supermarkets. Or you can make your own by grinding rolled oats in a food processor or blender.