Saladmaster Food Processor
5 Qt./4.7 L Multi-Purpose Oil Core
small mixing bowl
Contributing Recipe Editor
boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1 ½ inch cubes
bacon, cooked and crumbled
onion, strung, use Cone #2
carrots, sliced, use Cone #4
celery ribs, sliced, use Cone #4
garlic, shredded, use Cone #1
quick cooking tapioca
fresh mushrooms, sliced
burgundy wine or beef broth
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat MP5 temperature probe to 375°F/190°C. Place beef in MP5. Stir and brown on all sides, approximately 7 minutes. Drain off any grease (can use baster to remove grease).
- Add bacon, beef consommé, onions, carrots, celery, tomato paste, garlic, thyme, salt, pepper, bay leaf, Worcestershire sauce and tapioca. Cover and reduce heat on temperature probe to 175°F/80°C and cook for 6 - 8 hours, beef should be extremely tender.
- Add mushrooms, peas and wine. If consistency needs to be thickened, combine flour and water in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. Add mixture into MP5. Place temperature probe to 200°F/90°C to let stew simmer and juices thicken for approximately 10 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or noodles.