6 - 8 servings
Saladmaster Food Processor
5 Qt./4.7 L Multi-Purpose Oil Core
medium mixing bowl
7" Santoku Knife
Contributing Recipe Editor
large onions (or 3 small onions), strung, use Cone #2
green bell peppers, ribs and seeds removed, coarsely chopped
red bell peppers, ribs and seeds removed, coarsely chopped
cloves garlic, shredded, use Cone #1
diced tomatoes with juice
salt and pepper to taste
mixed cilantro leaves and stems
ground turkey or ground turkey sausage, browned and drained, optional
- In the MP5, place onions, peppers, garlic, oregano, cumin, tomatoes, salt and pepper and mix well. Cover.
- Set temperature probe to 180°F/80°C and cook for 6 hours.
- Once cooked, add cilantro and transfer to a food processor or blender – this may require several batches. Pulse several times until mixture obtains desired consistency.
- Return to MP5 and add meat, if desired, and stir. Serve over pasta.
- If not using immediately, transfer sauce in 1 cup quantities to airtight containers. Freeze until ready to use, up to 3 months.
- Can serve over rice or shredded spaghetti squash.