5 Qt./4.7 L Roaster with Cover
small mixing bowl
Certified Chef and Culinary Nutritionist, Marni uses passion and experience to educate individuals on how to adopt a realistic, plant-based diet that is both simple and delicious.
You can learn more about Marni by visiting her Facebook and Twitter page, or www.marniwasserman.com
black beans, soaked overnight, or Eden canned organic beans
filtered water (no water needed if canned beans are used)
extra virgin olive oil
fresh mint, minced
- Drain soaked beans and rinse well with water. Drain again.
- In roaster, combine beans and water over medium heat. When Vapo-Valve™ clicks steadily, reduce heat to low and cook for 1 - 1½ hours. Drain beans.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together mustard, honey, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, sea salt and oil. Pour over warm beans.
- When the beans have cooled, toss together with vegetables and herbs. Enjoy!
- Feel free to substitute the black beans for kidney beans, chickpeas or white beans. You can even mix a few different beans for a colourful and festive salad. Beans are satisfying as they are loaded with protein and fiber. Top this salad on fresh greens or a pile of quinoa or brown rice.