Lamb chops pair beautifully with tart pomegranate juice and sweet and salty aged balsamic vinegar. Pair these with couscous or steamed fragrant jasmine rice for a special occasion meal. Try this dish with our Spiced Couscous with Apricots recipe.
Use the 12 in. Electric Oil Core Skillet cover with you 12 in. Chef's Gourmet Skillet.
- Preheat skillet over medium heat until several drops of water sprinkled in skillet skitter and dissipate, approximately 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together salt, pepper, thyme and rosemary. Season lamb chops on both sides with mixture.
- Add lamb chops to skillet and sear for 5 - 6 minutes on each side until browned. Remove from skillet, place on a plate and set aside.
- Add onions and garlic and sauté for 3 - 4 minutes until lightly softened.
- Add lamb chops to skillet. Pour pomegranate juice, balsamic vinegar and orange zest over top. Place 12 in. Electric Oil Core Skillet Cover on skillet.
- When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click steadily, reduce heat to low and cook lamb chops for 60 - 90 minutes until tender.
- Remove cover and turn heat back up to medium. Cook sauce until it has reduced and thickened.
- Serve lamb chops drizzled with sauce and topped with pomegranate seeds. Garnish with a small sprig of fresh rosemary.
- If sauce is a little tart, add a tablespoon or two of honey.