Ordinarily when braising, the longer meat marinates and cooks, the more tender the results. To skip the effort and save time, use the Saladmaster Electric Skillet for quicker braising. It allows the marinade to spread into the meat while preserving all it's juices, making the meat moist and soft.
The cut of meat also affects cooking time and tenderness. This Saladmaster recipe uses a cut of meat otherwise known as country style ribs, but you can also substitute by using thickly sliced pieces of picnic pork shoulder or boston butt.
Hungry for more? Get special offers or product pricing.
- Soak the pork ribs in cold water to remove any blood
- Preheat skillet to 400 F / 200 C . Sear the ribs front and back in your skillet and remove excess oil.
- To make the sauce, add the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, cornstarch, sesame oil, hot pepper, ginger, garlic, sugar and pepper to a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add vegetables and sauce and combine. Cover and reduce heat to 300 F / 150 C and continue to cook.
- When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click steadily, reduce heat to 200 F / 95 C and cook for 30 minutes or until ribs are tender.
- Serve as is or over rice. Garnish with green onions.