5 Qt./4.7 L Multi-Purpose Oil Core
This savory and fruity stew combines many diabetes-fighting elements and exotic tastes to bring a delicious and healthy meal to your table.
chorizo sausage, chopped
ham, chopped or diced
cloves garlic, minced
medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced (approximately 1 pound)
large red bell pepper, diced
diced fire roasted tomatoes with juice
diced green chilies
black beans, rinsed and drained
mangos, peeled, seeded and diced
salt to taste
- Preheat electric roaster to 350°F/177°C. Cook sausage and ham for 2 - 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add onion and cook until tender.
- Stir in garlic, sweet potatoes, bell pepper, tomatoes with juice, green chilies, and water. When bubbles are rolling, reduce heat to 180°F/82°C, cover, simmer for approximately 15 minutes, until sweet potatoes are tender (fork can easily be inserted into potato). These steps can be done earlier in the day at which point turn off the heat and perform the remaining steps prior to serving.
- Add beans and cook uncovered until heated through.
- Mix in mango and cilantro and briefly continue to heat. Serve hot.
- Use fire roasted tomatoes for a richer flavor.