Saladmaster Food Processor
5 Qt./4.7 L Multi-Purpose Oil Core
Authorized Saladmaster Dealer
Adapted from original recipe by Janet Potts, RD, LD
onions, processed, use Cone #3
celery, processed, use Cone #3
chicken broth, fat-free
frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
ground white pepper
potatoes, strung, use Cone #2
reduced-fat pasteurized prepared cheese product
- Preheat MP5 to 250°C/120°C. When several drops of water sprinkled in roaster skitter and dissipate, add onions and celery. Sauté until onions are clear.
- Add chicken broth, broccoli and pepper. Stir to combine and cover.
- When Vapo-Valve™ clicks, reduce heat to 195°F/90°C and simmer for 10 - 15 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
- Add potatoes and cheese. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Stir in milk and continue to cook until heated through.
- May substitute potatoes for 1 ½ cups dry instant potato flakes.
- Soup may also be made in the 5 Qt./4.7 L Roaster.