Tempeh, a traditional cultured soy product is a very versatile and protein rich product. Look for tempeh made with organic soy. Tempeh is available using a combination of grains, seasonings and vegetables. I used tempeh made with soy and wild rice, but any combination would work with this dish.
- Place all marinade ingredients in bowl and whisk to combine. Add tempeh cubes, toss to coat with marinade and set aside while preparing other ingredients.
- Preheat skillet on medium heat, until water sprinkled on skillet skitters and dissipates, approximately 5 minutes.
- Rinse red onion, red pepper, broccoli; do not dry and place in skillet. Salt and pepper to taste and place cover on top, slightly ajar. Cook vegetables for approximately 12 - 15 minutes, shaking skillet occasionally to evenly brown vegetables. Use turner to turn vegetables to ensure even browning.
- While vegetables are cooking, heat sauce pan on medium heat, approximately 5 – 7 minutes, or until water sprinkled on pan skitters and dissipates.
- Remove tempeh from marinade and put into sauce pan, shaking pan so all of the tempeh is evenly distributed. Cook tempeh for approximately 5 - 7 minutes, turning occasionally so it is evenly browned on all sides.
- When vegetables are done cooking, place browned tempeh pieces and remaining marinade into sauce pan with vegetables, and stir to combine ingredients.
- Top roasted vegetables and tempeh with sesame seeds and serve.
- Stove top roasted broccoli cooks up quickly in the Chef's Gourmet Skillet. Try substituting for cauliflower, green beans, asparagus or other favorite vegetables.
- Serve with soba noodles or steamed rice.
- Save broccoli stems, peel off fibrous outer layer, slice thin and serve with other raw vegetables.