Pesto is a fun, easy sauce to make. It is full of chlorophyll and protein. The miso and pine nuts give it a “cheesy” flavour. Pesto tastes great on anything from brown rice pasta and quinoa, to homemade pizza crust, wraps or simply as a dip for veggies. If beans are added to this recipe it will give your pasta a hearty boost of protein and fiber and make each bowl of pasta more filling!
You can learn more about Marni by visiting her Facebook and Twitter page, or www.marniwasserman.com.
- Grind the nuts in a food processor. Add the remaining ingredients and process for a few minutes until well combined. Set aside.
- Bring water to a boil in the 3 Qt./2.8 L Sauce Pan. Add sea salt and pasta and cook until tender or al dente about 7 - 10 minutes.
- Slice mushrooms and toss in a bowl with balsamic vinegar.
- Spread on the Bake and Roast Pan (9x13) and roast in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes at 300°F/150°C. Or sauté in the 11" Large Skillet for 5 - 10 minutes.
- In a 5 Qt./4.7 L Roaster, on a medium or low heat combine the pesto with the cooked pasta. Add in the mushrooms and spinach.
- Stir a few minutes until the spinach has wilted and is cooked into the pasta.