8 servings, side dish
Saladmaster Food Processor
10" Chef's Gourmet Skillet
12" Chef's Gourmet Skillet
large mixing bowl
Chef Sergio Corbia
Watch Chef Sergio prepare this tasty vegetarian recipe using the Saladmaster Chef's Gourmet Skillet.
Brussels sprouts, halved
garlic, shredded, use Cone #1
shallots, cut crosswise, divided
mixed fresh wild mushrooms, trimmed
dry white wine
fresh thyme, chopped
- In mixing bowl place Brussels sprouts, oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Preheat 12" Chef's Gourmet Skillet over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on skillet skitter and dissipate, place sprout mixture in skillet, reduce heat to medium-low, and cover with 12" Electric Skillet cover. Roast for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- While sprouts are roasting, preheat 10" Chef's Gourmet Skillet over medium-low heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on skillet skitter and dissipate, place 1⁄3 of the shallots in pan and sauté, stirring until golden brown, approximately 3 - 5 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain, spreading in single layer. Repeat 2 more times with remaining shallots.
- Wipe out 10" Chef's Gourmet Skillet and return to burner over medium heat. Place mushrooms in skillet and sauté, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and tender, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add wine, thyme, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer approximately 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Liquid should be reduced to a glaze. Add water and simmer another 1 minute to allow flavors to blend.
- Place Brussels sprouts mixture on serving plate. Cover with mushroom mixture. Top with shallots and serve.
- While shallots are cooking, watch closely because they can burn easily.