Butternut squash is loaded with vitamins and a delicious, natural sweetness. This soup is filling enough to enjoy as a meal - just add a handful of steamed green leafy veggies and you’ve got a balanced meal!
You can learn more about Marni by visiting her Facebook and Twitter page, or www.marniwasserman.com.
- In roaster, heat mustard seeds on medium heat. Sauté until seeds start to pop.
- Add garlic and onions and sauté for a minute.
- Add the rest of the spices, water or stock, and butternut squash. Cover and cook.
- When Vapo-Valve™ clicks, reduce heat low and simmer for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Add washed lentils and simmer for another 10 - 15 minutes, until lentils are tender but not overcooked.
- Add salt and coconut milk, if using. Mash with hand held blender or potato masher.
- Soup also works well with carrots or sweet potatoes. Vegetables can also be roasted for additional taste.