8 servings, 1⁄2 cup each (138 g each)
12" Electric Oil Core Skillet
large mixing bowl
Chef John Lara
Personal Chef to former U.S. President
Low-fat, low-sodium and zero cholesterol are just the side advantages for this delicious side-dish. Easy and fresh, blended dried cranberries with the squash creates a delightful tingle on your tongue.
butternut squash, 1 medium, peeled and cut in 1⁄2-inch cubed
red onion, julienned
dried cranberries, garnish
pecan pieces, garnish
- Peel squash and cut into 1⁄2-inch cubes.
- Preheat electric skillet to 350°F/175°C. Place cubed squash into skillet and cover. Cook until just slightly al dente, approximately 6 - 8 minutes.
- Add cinnamon, cloves, sage, honey and balsamic vinegar and stir to blend. Sauté with cover ajar to allow squash to caramelize, approximately 2 - 3 minutes. Remove cooked squash to large bowl.
- Reset electric skillet to 250°F/120°C, sauté onions and minced garlic until slightly translucent. Place spinach into skillet and stir. Sauté until spinach is heated, approximately 1 minute.
- Place spinach in bowl with squash. Toss until well-blended.
- Garnish with dried cranberries and pecan pieces. Serve slightly warm.
- Complements beautifully with any poultry or pork entrée.