Not only is this soup loaded with antioxidants and beta carotene – but it is colourful, sweet and you can even eat it cold! For added nutrition and a balanced meal, serve with some brown rice and steamed green vegetables such as swiss chard, kale, or broccoli.
You can learn more about Marni by visiting her Facebook and Twitter page, or www.marniwasserman.com.
- Sauté onions in roaster over medium heat until they become translucent.
- Add the stock, carrots, parsnips, sweet potatoes, apples, salt, pepper, cinnamon, turmeric, nutmeg and ginger, if desired. Cover and cook.
- When Vapo-Valve™ clicks steadily, reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Take 2 ladles worth of vegetables and 1 ladle of stock and blend in a blender or food processor until smooth; or you can puree the soup directly in the roaster.
- Return blended soup to roaster and stir together before serving.
- For extra flavour – try roasting the root vegetables on the Bake and Roast Pan (9x13) in the oven for 45 minutes to an hour (at 350°F/180°C).