4 - 6 servings
Saladmaster Food Processor
5 Qt./4.7 L Roaster with Cover
large mixing bowl
Certified Health Coach & Natural Foods Chef
Cauliflower replaces potatoes in this lighter, lower carbohydrate version of Colcannon, which is a popular Irish mashed potato and cabbage dish.
onion, strung, use Cone #2
cloves garlic, shredded, use Cone #1
(approximately 2 - 2½ pounds) cauliflower, trimmed and cut into pieces
(907 - 1134
kale, or other dark leafy greens, washed and cut into small pieces
1⁄4 - 1⁄2
almond milk or dairy milk
(60 - 120
- Place cauliflower in a bowl with water. Remove cauliflower from water and set aside, leaving water clinging to cauliflower.
- Preheat roaster over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled in roaster skitter and dissipate, add onions and garlic. Sauté for 2 - 3 minutes until softened.
- Place cauliflower on top of onions and garlic and cover. When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click steadily, reduce heat to low and cook for 25 - 30 minutes until cauliflower is soft.
- Add salt, nutmeg and milk. Mash cauliflower with an immersion style blender until smooth.
- Add chopped greens to cauliflower mash and stir to combine. Cover and cook for an additional 8 - 12 minutes until the greens are tender.
- Taste and add additional seasonings if needed/
- Replace half the amount of cauliflower with russet potatoes that have been peeled and cut into chunks.
- Substitute kale for Swiss chard, spinach or mustard greens.