Saladmaster Food Processor
1 Qt./.9 L Sauce Pan with Cover
3 Qt./2.8 L Sauce Pan with Cover
medium mixing bowl
large mixing bowl
Authorized Saladmaster® Dealer
head cauliflower, processed, use Cone #3
spring onions, sliced, use Cone #4
raisins or dried cranberries
almonds, roughly chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
handful fresh parsley, to garnish (optional)
- In 3-quart sauce pan cook quinoa and water according to package directions.
- Rinse cauliflower thoroughly; do not dry. Place in a 1-quart sauce pan over medium heat and cover. When Vapo-Valve™ clicks, turn heat to low and cook until tender-crisp, approximately 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, juice half an orange and combine with lemon juice, olive oil, cumin and honey to form a salad dressing.
- Peel the remainder of the oranges and cut into segments.
- In a large salad bowl, combine quinoa, orange segments, cauliflower, spring onions, raisins, olives and almonds.
- Pour salad dressing over mixture and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Scatter parsley over top and serve.
- Can use half raisins and half dried cranberries