Saladmaster Food Processor
12" Electric Oil Core Skillet
halibut steaks, fresh or frozen
chardonnay white wine
medium white onion, strung, use Cone #2
celery stalks, sliced, use Cone #4
dried basil leaves, crushed
cherry tomatoes, halved
- Thaw frozen fish, if needed. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place in shallow dish, add 1⁄3 cup (80 mL) of wine and let stand for 30 minutes turning once.
- Preheat electric skillet to 275°F/135°C. Add onion and celery along with a dash or two of wine until tender. Cover to retain moisture and stir occasionally.
- Stir in parsley, Worcestershire and basil. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add fish and 1 cup (240 mL) of wine. Cover and reduce heat to 220°F/104°C and cook 10 - 12 minutes.
- Add tomatoes. Cover and cook until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, 3 - 5 minutes.