8 - 12 servings
Mega Skillet Limited Edition
Saladmaster Food Processor
1 Qt./.9 L Sauce Pan with Cover
Professional Natural Foods Chef & Board Certified Health Coach
Visit the Mega Skillet Limited Edition product section of this site for more recipes.
medium onion, strung, use Cone #2
carrots, trimmed, cleaned and julienned, use Cone #2
large sweet potato, peeled and julienned, use Cone #2
cloves garlic, peeled and minced
2-inch piece ginger, fresh, peeled and minced
vegetable stock, divided
low fat coconut milk
pepper to taste
fresh cilantro, minced
limes, cut into 8 - 12 wedges
- Preheat Mega Skillet on medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on skillet skitter and dissipate, approximately 5 - 7 minutes, add onions, carrots, sweet potato, garlic, ginger and 1 cup of vegetable stock. Sauté 5 - 7 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
- Add coconut milk, remaining vegetable stock, curry powder, salt and pepper. Cover and cook. When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click, reduce temperature to low and cook for approximately 10 - 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- While the soup is cooking, place forbidden rice and water in sauce pan. Turn heat to medium with the cover slightly ajar on pan. When water begins to boil, cover and reduce temperature to low. Cook rice for 20 minutes. When rice is done, turn heat off and let rest for 10 minutes with the cover on.
- When vegetables are done cooking, puree in blender or hand held immersion blender until smooth and creamy in texture.
- After rice is cooked, scoop into pureed soup and stir to combine.
- Taste soup and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Serve this soup ladled into bowls topped with chopped cilantro and a wedge of lime to squeeze into soup.
- Substitute forbidden rice for other whole grain such as quinoa or short grain brown rice.
- Vary flavors by using fresh chopped basil or chives instead of cilantro.