Saladmaster Food Processor
9 Qt./8.5 L Braiser Pan with Cover
large chicken, cut into pieces
onion, shredded, use Cone #1
cloves garlic, shredded, use Cone #1
water or chicken broth
celery stalk (optional)
corn cobs, cut into medium-sized pieces
green plantain, strung, use Cone #2
medium yucca, cut into pieces
medium sweet potato, cut into pieces
medium white potatoes, cut in halves
cilantro, finely chopped
- Marinate the chicken for 1 hour with half the onion and tomato.
- Preheat pan over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on pan skitter and dissipate, sauté the remaining onions and tomatoes along with the garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add water or chicken broth and marinated chicken. Cover and cook until tender.
- Add celery, corn cobs, plantains, yucca, sweet potatoes and potatoes.
- Add cumin, pepper, salt and coloring, if desired. Cover and cook.
- When Vapo-Valve™ clicks steadily, reduce heat to low.
- Continue cooking until everything is soft.
- Check the seasoning. Serve hot and sprinkle each serving with cilantro.