Warm flaky breakfast or anytime biscuits are easy to mix together and cook up quickly on the Flatbread Pan. Breakfast biscuits are leavened with baking powder and flavored with sweet bits of dried cranberries and slivers of toasted almonds, a perfect accompaniment to a cup of tea or coffee.
- Place flours, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a medium bowl and mix to combine.
- Add coconut oil to flour mixture and rub or cut it into the flour with tines of fork until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Combine honey and almond milk in a small bowl.
- Make a well in center of flour mixture, pour in honey-almond milk mix. Add cranberries and almonds and mix gently and quickly until mixture barely comes together, do not over-mix.
- Place mixture on lightly floured work surface and knead 2 - 3 times. Pat dough into a rough rectangle and roll into ½-inch (1 cm) thickness with rolling pin.
- Cut dough into 8 4-inch (10 cm) rounds.
- Heat pan over low heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on pan skitter and dissipate, place 4 dough rounds on pan making sure there is room in-between each piece. Cook 5 - 7 minutes until golden brown on the bottom.
- Carefully turn over and cook an additional 5 - 7 minutes.
- Remove breakfast biscuits from pan and sprinkle tops with cinnamon sugar.
- Allow biscuits to cool for several minutes before serving.
- Serve biscuits plain or with butter, honey, cream cheese or jam.
- Substitute butter for coconut oil.
- Substitute maple syrup for honey.
- Breakfast biscuits are best served warm but equally as delicious when lightly toasted.