3 Qt./2.8 L Sauce Pan with Cover
3 Piece Mixing Bowl Set
The Saladmaster Guide to Healthy and Nutritious Cooking Cookbook
chicken or vegetable stock, low-fat, low-sodium
corn kernels, fresh or frozen
ginger, peeled and sliced
pepper, freshly ground
crabmeat, chopped or flaked
egg white, slightly beaten
scallions, thinly sliced
- In sauce pan over medium heat, combine chicken stock, corn, and ginger. Cover and cook until Vapo-Valve™ clicks, reduce heat to low and cook 5 minutes.
- Discard ginger slices. Strain mixture into medium bowl.
- Purée corn and 1⁄2 cup soup stock in electric food processor or blender until smooth. Using back of wooden spoon, press corn purée through fine sieve. Discard remaining corn pulp. Return corn and stock mixture to saucepan over medium heat.
- In small bowl, combine cornstarch and water. Stir into soup and cook for 1 minute, stirring until soup thickens.
- Stir in sake, sugar, salt and pepper and bring to a low simmer.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in crabmeat and heat through. Remove from heat and slowly add beaten egg white stirring constantly in circular motion. Stir in scallions. Serve hot.