Polenta is a very old traditional porridge of Italian origin. Traditionally polenta was made with a variety of grains. Polenta is now commonly made with corn, finely to coarsely ground. Creamy soft polenta is so easy to make in the Ultimate Culinaire, no constant stirring necessary.
- Place polenta, vegetable stock, salt and garlic in Ultimate Culinaire; whisk all of the ingredients together to combine.
- Place lid on Ultimate Culinaire and turn heat to medium. When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click steadily, turn heat to low and cook for 35 – 45 minutes, until polenta is soft.
- While polenta is cooking, heat skillet over medium heat for 6-8 minutes until a small sprinkle of water skitters and dissipates.
- Sauté onion for 2-3 minutes until it begins to soften. Add mushrooms to skillet and continue cooking for 3-5 minutes until mushrooms release their liquid and soften.
- Add salt, nutmeg and spinach to sautéed mushrooms and cook for 1-2 minutes longer until spinach is wilted. Set mushroom sauté aside to keep warm.
- After Polenta has cooked, remove lid, add parsley, thyme, rosemary and parmesan cheese. Turn heat up to medium and continue cooking for 5-8 minutes longer.
- Whisk polenta while cooking and season with fresh ground pepper.
- Serve a portion of soft polenta with some of sautéed mushrooms and spinach on top.
- Garnish each portion with an additional sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
- Substitute fresh chopped herbs for 1-2 tablespoons herb pesto.
- Substitute vegetable stock for water or chicken broth
- Add ¼ cup of minced sun-dried tomato to polenta mix.