Saladmaster Food Processor
5 Qt./4.7 L Multi-Purpose Oil Core
Certified Health Coach & Natural Foods Chef
This one pan shredded beef flavored with wine, cumin, oregano, tomato and salty green olives pairs well with a variety of sides. Serve this on top of fluffy rice or on soft corn or flour tortillas.
flank steak, trimmed of excess fat and cut in half
onion, sliced, use Cone #4
red bell pepper, sliced, use Cone #4
cloves garlic, peeled and shredded, use Cone #1
green olives, pitted and chopped
crushed tomatoes or tomato puree
red wine or water
chopped cilantro or scallions for garnish (optional)
- Preheat MP5, uncovered, at 375°F/190°C.
- Season both pieces of flank steak with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Add flank steak to MP5 and brown for 5 - 6 minutes on each side. Brown each piece one at a time to prevent overcrowding the MP5.
- Place both pieces of flank steak back in MP5. Add onions, peppers, garlic, olives, crushed tomatoes, red wine, oregano, cumin and cider vinegar.
- Place cover on MP5. When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click steadily, reduce the temperature to 225°F/110°C. Set timer to 2 hours and cook until meat is very tender and easily pulls apart.
- Transfer meat to a clean cutting board and shred meat using two forks to pull it apart. Return the meat to MP5 and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed with extra salt and pepper.
- Serve a portion of meat, mixed with sauce, in a bowl as is or with rice or warm tortillas.
- Omit green olives and substitute for rinsed capers.
- Top shredded beef with sour cream, chopped scallions, chopped fresh cilantro, avocado or hot sauce.