small mixing bowl
Certified Health Coach & Natural Foods Chef
Rub pork ribs with an easy blend of spices and seasonings and let the flavors infuse into the meat. Grill pork on the Smokeless Broiler until crispy and caramelized.
Saladmaster seasoning blends are limited edition.
baby back pork ribs, trim off excess fat
Grand Canyon seasoning blend
barbecue sauce (optional)
- Trim excess fat and thin white skin off of the back of ribs.
- In a small bowl, mix together seasoning blend, cumin and paprika.
- Rub spice mixture all over ribs on both sides. Cover ribs and cure in refrigerator for 4 - 8 hours or overnight.
- Pour 1 quart water into bottom of broiler pan or until it reaches the marks stamped inside. Place grill rack onto broiler pan.
- Plug in cord to electrical outlet and preheat for about 5 minutes.
- Cook ribs on grill rack, in 2 batches so grill is not overcrowded, for 45 - 60 minutes, turning every 15 - 20 minutes to brown evenly. Meat will easily come off of the bones when they are done and tender.
- Serve ribs as is, with a side of barbecue sauce, or brush with your favorite barbecue sauce in the last 10 - 15 minutes of cooking.
- Add water to bottom of broiler pan as needed during cooking.
- Serve ribs with any of your favorite accompaniments: corn on the cob, baked beans, corn bread, or coleslaw.
- Left over ribs can easily be reheated.