6.5 Qt. Double Walled Bowl
1 ½ Qt./1.4 L Sauce Pan with Cover
small mixing bowl
Certified Health Coach & Natural Foods Chef
Bok Choy is a popular vegetable, low in calories, that cooks quickly and pairs well with a variety of proteins. Baked, seasoned tofu is used in this dish for a flavorful protein addition, without the need to fry tofu in additional fat. This quick and tasty vegan dish pairs well with steamed rice or thin noodles.
cloves garlic, shredded, use Cone #1
red onion, minced
carrot, trimmed, scrubbed and shredded, use Cone #1
bok choy, trimmed, washed well and sliced
baked seasoned tofu, Asian flavored, medium dice
tamari or naturally fermented soy sauce
toasted sesame oil
1⁄4 - 1⁄2
(1.25 - 2.5
- Heat sauce pan over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled in pan skitter and dissipate, add onions, garlic and carrots. Sauté for 2 - 3 minutes until softened.
- Add bok choy, a little at a time, tossing it into sautéed vegetables until it is all incorporated.
- Place baked tofu on top of vegetables.
- Place cover on pan. When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click steadily, reduce heat to low and cook for 3 - 4 minutes until bok choy is tender crisp.
- In a small bowl, mix together water, tamari, toasted sesame oil and chili sauce.
- Pour sauce mixture over vegetables and tofu, stir to combine and turn heat back up to medium.
- Cook for an additional 2 - 3 minutes until liquid is reduced slightly.
- Serve hot as is or over rice or noodles.
- Add additional chili sauce for more spice.
- Substitute tamari with oyster sauce for a non-vegan version.
- Substitute tofu with leftover cooked, chopped chicken or shrimp.