Mega Skillet Limited Edition
11" Square Griddle
small mixing bowl
medium mixing bowl
Chef John Lara
Personal chef to former U.S. President
Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
fresh lime juice
white wine vinegar
salt and freshly ground pepper
Fish and Marinade
Serrano pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
flour or corn tortillas (6 inches each)
Shredded romaine lettuce
Pico de gallo (see Tips)
Guacamole (see Tips)
- Combine lime juice, vinegar, honey, cumin, cilantro, salt and pepper in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. While whisking, slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Whisk until well combined.
Fish and Marinade
- Place fish in a medium size dish. Whisk together olive oil, lime juice, chili powder, Serrano pepper, cilantro and honey in a small mixing bowl. Pour over fish. Refrigerate and let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat Mega Skillet over medium heat for 5 - 7 minutes. When several drops of water sprinkled on pan skitter and dissipate, carefully add fish and sear 5 minutes until nicely caramelized. Turn and cook for 5 - 8 minutes or until done. Cover and reduce heat to low and cook for 3 minutes. Let rest.
- Top Mahi Mahi or salmon fillet with the cilantro lime vinaigrette, flake with a fork and serve.
- Place tortillas on preheated griddle and heat for 10 seconds on each side. Divide the fish among the tortillas and garnish.
- To prepare Pico de Gallo, in a medium bowl combine: 8 - 10 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced; ½ white onion, diced; 1 jalapeno pepper, diced (optional); 4 tablespoons (4g) fresh cilantro, chopped; 1 teaspoon (5 mL) sea salt; 1 teaspoon (5 mL) ground cumin; and the juice of one lime. Mix well.
- To make Guacamole, in a medium bowl mash 2 avocados. Then add: 1 ripe Roma tomato, diced; ¼ onion, finely diced; ¼ teaspoon (1.25 mL) ground cumin; ½ teaspoon (2.5 mL) ground garlic; 1 tabelspoon (15 mL) fresh cilantro, finely chopped; and juice of one lime, to taste. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top fish tacos with "queso fresco" or feta cheese crumble.