4 servings, 2 slices each
12" Electric Oil Core Skillet
small mixing bowl
Saladmaster® Oil Core Skillet Healthy Cooking Guide
Watch this recipe video to learn how to prepare this delicious breakfast with Saladmaster.
egg substitute, or 3 eggs, beaten
evaporated skim milk
French bread, 1-inch (2.5 cm) thick
- Preheat covered electric skillet to 325°F/165°C.
- In shallow bowl, whisk together egg substitute, skim milk, vanilla and nutmeg.
- Dip bread into egg mixture, turn and soak other side. Transfer to platter.
- Arrange bread slices in a single layer in electric skillet.
- Slowly pour any remaining egg mixture onto bread slices, allowing to soak.
- Cook 2-3 minutes, until evenly browned. Turn to brown other side, 1-2 minutes.
- Serve warm with maple syrup, if desired.