Originally from Spain, the frittata is a version of the omelet. This delicious dish is filled with fresh vegetables and herbs and makes a delightful breakfast or brunch entrée. Incorporate your own favorite ingredients like mushrooms, broccoli, bacon or sausage.
- Preheat electric skillet to 300°F/149°C. Sauté leeks and garlic for 2-3 minutes, until soft and fragrant.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs with cream. Add rosemary, thyme and pepper and whisk until blended. Set aside.
- Reduce temperature of electric skillet to 185°F/85°C. Add 3⁄4 of the red peppers (saving the final 1⁄4 for garnish), tomatoes, spinach and stir until blended.
- Add egg mixture and fold gently. Cover and continue cooking for 10 minutes.
- Place zucchini on the top of the mixture, sprinkle with cheese, parsley and reserved red pepper. Cover and continue to cook for an additional 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Try your favorite salsa as a condiment.
- Use the cheeses of your choice or eliminate, as desired.