Stir Together a simple sauce to toss with pasta or serve alongside a piece of grilled chicken or fish for a quick weeknight meal. This sauce will soon become a go to for easy and delicious meals. It is low in calories and fat, without sacrificing on flavor.
- Preheat skillet over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled in skillet skitter and dissipate, approximately 7 - 9 minutes, add garlic and onions. Sauté for 1 minute, stirring constantly to prevent burning.
- Add artichoke hearts and sauté for 3 - 5 minutes until liquid has evaporated and artichoke hearts start to brown lightly.
- Add lemon zest and white wine.
- In a small bowl, thoroughly mix together arrowroot powder and vegetable stock. Pour mixture over sautéed vegetables and cook for 2 - 3 minutes until it begins to thicken.
- Add basil, parsley, salt, pepper and cheese. Stir to combine.
- Serve sauce warm.
- Add in additional fresh herbs, such as thyme and parsley.
- Substitute fresh basil with 2 teaspoons of dried basil.
- If you are pairing this with a chicken dish, substitute chicken stock with vegetable stock.
- Cornstarch may be substituted for arrowroot powder.