Seafood is easy to cook up on the grill when it is made into patties. Season mixed fish and seafood patties with Herb Garlic seasoning blend, and make ahead to have them ready to cook up quickly on the grill.
Saladmaster seasoning blends are limited edition.
- Place mild white fish, shrimp and scallops in the bowl of an electric food processor fitted with an S blade. Pulse 5 - 10 times until fish is broken down into smaller pieces.
- Remove processed fish to a mixing bowl and add Garlic Herb seasoning blend, lemon zest, salt, parsley, shallots and bread crumbs.
- Divide mixture into 6 even portions and form each into a burger shaped patty.
- Place patties on a clean plate and refrigerate for 10 - 15 minutes until firm.
- Pour 1 quart water into bottom of broiler pan or until it reaches the marks stamped inside. Place grill rack onto broiler pan.
- Plug in cord to electrical outlet and preheat for about 5 minutes.
- Brush burgers lightly with olive oil on either side or spray lightly with vegetable oil. Place burgers evenly spaced onto grill rack and cook for 10 - 12 minutes on each side until firm to the touch.
- Serve burgers hot as is with a wedge of lemon or with a toasted bun, whole grain bread or on top of salad greens.
- Cook a small "test" burger to check for seasoning before cooking the remainder of the burgers. Add in more Garlic Herb seasoning blend or lemon as needed.
- Substitute scallops for crabmeat or lobster meat.
- Substitute white fish for salmon.
- Substitute panko-style crumbs for plain gluten-free dry bread crumbs.