10 full servings
4 Qt./3.8 L Roaster with Cover
7" Santoku Knife
Certified Chef and Culinary Nutritionist, Marni uses passion and experience to educate individuals on how to adopt a realistic, plant-based diet that is both simple and delicious.
Having a bowl of soup is a great way to get in your daily dose of veggies – especially the green ones! It is full of nutrients and low in calories!
celery stalk, chopped
green beans, chopped
small bunch of kale, chopped
head green cabbage, chopped
bunch broccoli, cut into small florets
bunch cauliflower, cut into small florets
fresh thyme and basil (chopped) or herb d’provence
freshly squeezed lemon juice (optional)
sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat roaster over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on pan skitter and dissipate, add onions and sauté until transparent.
- Add celery and green beans and continue to cook until softened. Pour in water.
- When Vapo-Valve™ clicks, add in kale, cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower. Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer 15 - 20 minutes.
- Stir in fresh herbs and add lemon juice to taste, if desired.
- Add mixture to a glass blender and puree until a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.