10 full servings
7 Qt./6.6 L Roaster with Cover
6 Qt. (5.6L) Culinary Basket
11" Large Skillet with Cover
Certified Chef and Culinary Nutritionist, Marni uses passion and experience to educate individuals on how to adopt a realistic plant-based diet that is both simple and delicious.
Any green vegetable can be added to this recipe. Make it unique and different every time. Brown rice pasta is an excellent base, as it is hearty, full of fiber and protein and tastes delicious even with just olive oil and sea salt!
8 - 12
pasta (kamut, spelt, brown rice or quinoa)
(227 - 340
red onion, sliced, use Cone #4
1 - 2
zucchini, cut lengthwise in 1⁄2-inch pieces (2 cups)
10 - 12
cloves garlic, shredded, use Cone #1
extra virgin olive oil
1 - 2
chard or kale, washed and chopped
(67 - 134
chives, finely chopped
fresh parsley, finely chopped
fresh basil, finely chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
- In roaster, bring water with sea salt to a boil. Add pasta to culinary basket and insert into roaster and cover. Cook pasta until al dente.
- Meanwhile, preheat skillet over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on skillet skitter and dissipate, add onions and sauté for 3 minutes. Add squash and asparagus, and continue to cook for 5 more minutes. Add garlic and cook another 2 minutes. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Remove culinary basket from roaster to drain pasta. Place pasta in a large, shallow serving bowl. Toss with olive oil, sautéed vegetables, chard, chives and fresh herbs.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
- Be sure to attach Versa Loc™ Handles to culinary basket before removing from roaster to drain the pasta.