Saladmaster Food Processor
12" Electric Oil Core Skillet
small mixing bowl
Saladmaster® Oil Core Skillet Healthy Cooking Guide
chicken breast, (6 ounces each) boneless and skinless
yellow onion, processed, use Cone #3
fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat covered electric skillet to 350°F/175°C.Arrange chicken, skin side down, in hot electric skillet in a single layer. Chicken will stick.
- In a small bowl, mix garlic and mustard. Divide and spread a portion on each chicken breast half. Top with onion slices.
- Drizzle honey over onions. Cover, immediately reduce temperature to 250°F/120°C and cook 18-20 minutes, until chicken is done (185°F/85°C on a meat thermometer).
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, blend cornstarch into water until dissolved.
- Remove chicken to platter and cover with electric skillet cover to keep warm, leaving chicken juices in the skillet.
- Increase temperature to 350°F/175°C and cook until juices begin to bubble. Add cornstarch mixture and cook, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Return chicken to electric skillet, browned side up. Spoon some sauce over each piece.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve from electric skillet, if desired.
- Serve on bed of lettuce to add color and nutrition.
- Slice cold leftover chicken breast across the grain, 1/8 to 1/4 inch think. In electric skillet over medium heat, cover and reheat chicken slices with leftover sauce. Serve on hard rolls or whole grain bread.