Oxtail stew is a staple in the Jamaican culture. Filled with layers of different spices and flavors, this recipe is sure to become one of your favorites. With the Saladmaster Electric Oil Core Skillet, it's as easy as putting all the ingredients in your skillet and having dinner ready in no time with no fuss of stirring or having to check on it.
Hungry for more? Find a Dealer for Special Promotions & Product Offers
- Preheat skillet to 400 F / 200 C for 7-9 minutes until a sprinkle of water skitters and dissipates.
- Add the oxtail to the skillet and press down to ensure you get a good sear on it. Once it releases, turn it to sear on the other side. Continue to do this until all sides have been seared.
- Add all of the ingredients (except the beans) to the skillet. Cover and when Vapo-Valve™ begins to click turn heat down to 300 F / 150 C and cook until oxtail has fully cooked, approximately 2 hours.
- Take the butter beans and add them to the skillet. Cover and cook for 15 mins.
- Serve over rice or on its own. Garnish with green onions if desired.