Saladmaster Food Processor
1 Qt./.9 L Sauce Pan with Cover
11" Large Skillet with Cover
7" Santoku Knife
leg of lamb steak, cut ½-inch/1.3-cm thick
fennels, sliced, use Cone #4
red chili pepper, finely chopped, or 1 teaspoon dried (2 g)
fresh cilantro, chopped
fresh chives, chopped
- Preheat skillet over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on pan skitter and dissipate, place lamb in skillet and reduce heat to medium-low. Allow to cook until meat releases from the pan, approximately 4 minutes. Turn and cook other side, approximately 4 more minutes.
- In sauce pan, add orange juice and fennel; heat on medium. When bubbles appear, reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Stir in salt, butter, chili peppers and cumin. Continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Using a cutting board, slice cooked lamb ¼-inch pieces. Arrange lamb slices on plate and spoon orange-fennel mixture over lamb. Sprinkle with chives, cilantro and orange zest. Serve immediately.
- If lamb is thickly cut, have the butcher cut lamb into thinner slices or you can do it at home yourself.
- Fennel is also called Anise.