Middle Eastern meatballs are often referred to as Kufteh, meaning” mashed”, especially if they are cooked in a stew or sauce. These meatballs are full of spicy, savory and sweet spices. Make a double batch of the meatballs and freeze them for a quick meal.
- Preheat Ultimate Culinaire over medium heat until a small sprinkle of water skitters and dissipates.
- Prepare sauce; Sauté onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add tomato paste, oregano and cinnamon and stir, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add crushed tomato and chicken stock, stir. Cover pan and when Vapo-Valve™ begins to click turn heat to low and cook for 15 minutes.
- While tomato sauce is cooking prepare meatballs. Place ground meat in mixing bowl. Process onion, carrot and garlic into bowl. Add allspice, cinnamon, cumin, cayenne, parsley, cilantro, eggs, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper.
- Thoroughly combine all of the meatball ingredients. Roll into 16 meatballs. Place meatballs on a clean plate, cover and refrigerate.
- Carefully place meatballs into tomato sauce, using a spoon to gently press meatballs under the sauce, cover and cook for 20-25 minutes, until meatballs are cooked through.
- Serve meatballs as is with sauce and additional chopped cilantro and parsley on top.
- Serve meatballs over steamed rice or with Lebanese flatbread or pita bread.
- Use an ice cream scoop to evenly portion and scoop meatballs, size may vary depending on the size of your ice cream scoop.