Saladmaster Food Processor
4.5 Qt. Mini Braiser Pan with Cover (Limited Edition)
Certified Health Coach & Natural Foods Chef
Boneless chicken thighs soak up the flavors and spices inspired by popular Moroccan style stews. Skinless chicken thighs cook quickly and removing skin eliminates excess fat. Serve this dish with cous-cous or rice.
boneless chicken thighs, trimmed of excess fat and cut into large chunks
garlic cloves, shredded, use Cone #1
lemon, zest, shredded, use Cone #1
pearl onions, frozen
garbanzo beans, canned and drained
- Preheat pan over medium-high heat approximately 5-7 minutes or until several drops of water sprinkled on the pan skitter and dissipate.
- While pan is preheating, trim chicken and place on clean plate. Combine cumin, paprika, cinnamon, turmeric, ginger and salt in a small bowl.
- Season chicken pieces with spice blend on all sides, rubbing spices into the chicken.
- Place seasoned chicken thighs in preheated pan in a single layer. Cook chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side until browned.
- Add garlic and lemon zest and toss to combine. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add pearl onions, garbanzo beans and green olives. Stir to combine.
- Pour chicken stock over chicken and vegetables.
- Place cover on pan. When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click steadily, reduce heat to low and cook for 15 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove cover, turn heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes more to reduce sauce slightly.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Serve hot and garnish with sliced lemons if desired.
- Substitute boneless chicken thighs with bone-in chicken thighs or chicken legs.