1 Qt./.9 L Sauce Pan with Cover
11" Large Skillet with Cover
mixed brown and wild rice
ground black pepper
skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
fresh parsley, chopped
cloves garlic, minced
chicken bouillon granules
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- In a bowl, mix the oregano, salt and pepper. Rub the mixture into chicken. Preheat skillet over medium heat 3 - 5 minutes. When several drops of water sprinkled on pan skitter and dissipate, place chicken in the skillet and brown each side for 3 - 5 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, mix water, lemon juice, garlic and bouillon. Bring mixture to a simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes. Pour over chicken in skillet.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 1 hour. Add parsley to the skillet 15 - 30 minutes before the end of the cook time.
- Plate the rice, and use as a bed for the chicken before serving.