Paella, a peasant dish from the 19th century is an internationally known rice dish said to have originated in the Valencia region of Spain. There are many variations of paella, which include sausage, chicken, rabbit, meat, vegetables and snails. Paella Marisco is a light summer time favorite made with fish and seafood, which is perfect with a crisp green salad.
Use the 12 in. Electric Oil Core Skillet cover with your 12 in. Chef's Gourmet Skillet.
- Place fish stock in sauce pan and turn heat to medium. When Vapo-Valve™ clicks, reduce heat to low and keep warm until ready to use.
- Preheat skillet over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled in skillet skitter and dissipate, approximately 7 - 9 minutes, add red peppers and sauté for 6 - 8 minutes until mixture has softened and tomatoes have darkened slightly.
- Add paprika, salt, thyme and saffron. Stir to combine and cook until spices become fragrant, approximately 30 - 60 seconds.
- Add hot fish stock to skillet. Sprinkle rice over top and stir one or two times to combine. Place 12 in. Electric Oil Core Skillet cover on skillet. When Vapo-Valve clicks steadily, reduce heat to low and cook rice for 40 minutes until rice is almost cooked through.
- Arrange lobster tails, clams and mussels on top of rice. Cover, turn heat back up to medium, and cook for 5 - 8 minutes.
- Add shrimp, calamari pieces and peas. Cover and cook for 5 - 8 minutes until fish is cooked. Turn off heat and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and scallions.
- Use any variation of fish and seafood that you like.
- Substitute lobster tails for monkfish or omit.
- Use medium grain rice if you like fluffier rice; short grain rice will be chewier in texture.
- Adjust rice to liquid ratio as needed depending on type of rice you use.