10 servings, as a side dish; 6 servings as a main course
Saladmaster Food Processor
12" Electric Oil Core Skillet
large onion, processed, use Cone #3
large carrots, waffled, use Cone #5
large red bell pepper, seeded, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
large yellow bell pepper, seeded, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
large green bell pepper, seeded, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
cloves garlic, grated, use Cone #1
small parsnips, peeled, halved or quartered
Brussels sprouts, halved (about 8 large)
small head cauliflower, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) chunks
broccoli, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) chunks
fresh parsley, minced
- Preheat electric skillet to 350°F/175°C. Add onions, cook and stir for 2 mintues.
- Add carrots and bell peppers. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle barley over vegetables and add garlic, lemon juice and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Pour vegetable broth over mixture.
- Layer parsnips, brussel sprouts, broccoli and cauliflower on top. Cover and cook 2 minutes.
- When Vapo-Valve™ clicks, reduce temperature to 200°F/95°C. Cover and cook 18-20 minutes, until barley is done and vegetables are crisp tender.
- Sprinkle parsely over vegetables and toss to combine. Serve hot.