5 Qt./4.7 L Multi-Purpose Oil Core
small mixing bowl
7" Santoku Knife
There's nothing quite as delicious as Monkey Bread made in the Saladmaster MP5. If you're looking for the perfect breakfast, crockpot dessert or holiday brunch recipe, this Monkey Bread is a must! It's cinnamon-sugar-ooey-gooey goodness at its best.
Pillsbury Grands!® Homestyle Original Biscuits, cut in fourths
powdered sugar (optional for topping)
milk (optional for topping)
- Spray inside of MP5 with non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt butter in microwave safe bowl, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine white sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Take each piece of dough, one at a time, and dip into melted butter. Then dip in sugar mixture to coat and place in bottom of MP5. Repeat until all pieces are placed in MP5.
- Pour any remaining butter over top of dough pieces.
- Place cover on MP5 and set temperature to 250°F/120°C. Cook for 1 ½ hours, or until done.
- Remove cover and let cool in MP5 for approximately 10 minutes.
- Place a large serving platter over MP5 and carefully invert bread onto platter.
- In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar and milk until desired icing consistency, adding more milk as needed.
- Drizzle icing over bread and serve.
- Serve each portion with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of softened cream cheese.
- Instead of drizzling bread with icing, sprinkle with powdered sugar right before serving.