Shakshuka is a popular Middle Eastern and African dish that can be enjoyed at any time of the day. It consists of a tomato base with your choice of vegetables, topped with eggs and then baked in the oven. With Saladmaster, you can skip the oven and make this dish from start to finish right on your stove-top.
Hungry for more? Let us cook for you! Find a Dealer to book a complimentary cooking show today.
- Preheat skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes or until a sprinkle of water skitters and dissipates.
- Sauté onion, zucchini and garlic for 5 minutes or until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, cumin, paprika, cayenne, salt and pepper and cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Uncover skillet, add feta cheese and combine. Gently crack 8 eggs over the tomatoes around the skillet. Season with salt, if desired.
- Cover and cook for 5 -10 minutes. Time will vary depending on how you like your eggs.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and feta cheese. Serve immediately.