18 - 22 servings
Saladmaster Food Processor
1 Qt./.9 L Sauce Pan with Cover
Mega Skillet Limited Edition
Professional Natural Foods Chef & Board Certified Health Coach
A classic warm weather dessert, made easy and healthy. Fresh peaches, ice cream (or your favorite non-dairy frozen treat) and raspberry-orange sauce topped with toasted almond slices. Make all of the components ahead of time and assemble this refreshing and colorful finale right before serving. Cooking the peaches is so easy and quick using the Mega Skillet.
Visit the Mega Skillet Limited Edition product section of this site for more recipes.
9 - 11
fresh peaches, slightly firm, washed and sliced in 1⁄2 lengthwise, pit removed
9-ounce (255g) jars of raspberry jam, no sugar added
orange, zest, use Cone #1
1 - 2
orange or raspberry flavored liqueur
(15 - 30
2 - 3
ice cream or a non-dairy frozen dessert (used Rice Dream® Organic Vanilla Frozen Dessert)
fresh mint leaves
toasted sliced almonds
- Mix together water and lemon juice and pour into bottom of Mega Skillet. Sprinkle ground cinnamon on cut side half of each peach and place cut side down into skillet. Place peaches in circular pattern, close together in a single layer.
- Place cover on and turn heat to medium. When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click steadily, approximately 5 - 7 minutes, reduce heat to low and cook for 15 - 17 minutes until peaches are tender.
- Remove peaches from skillet, place into storage dish and pour remaining liquid from cooking over peaches. Chill thoroughly.
- In sauce pan place raspberry jam, orange zest, orange juice and orange/raspberry liqueur, if using. Turn heat to medium and cook ingredients until jam has liquefied, stir to combine. Turn off heat and set aside. If not using right away place in small container and refrigerate.
- To serve, place 2 peach halves into pretty parfait glass or dessert dish; top with 1 scoop ice cream (1⁄2 cup); drizzle 2 tablespoons of raspberry-orange sauce over top and garnish with toasted almonds, fresh raspberries and mint.
- Do you have a hard time getting ice cream at just the right scooping consistency? Prescoop ice cream into balls and freeze on a sheet pan, store in the freezer until ready to serve.
- Substitute peaches for nectarines with blueberry sauce or apricots with strawberry sauce.
- Cooking time will vary for peaches depending on how firm or ripe the peaches are and how soft you like them.