4 servings, approximately 2 cups each
Saladmaster Food Processor
3 Qt./2.8 L Sauce Pan with Cover
11" Large Skillet with Cover
Bake and Roast Pan (9 x 13)
Cooking instructor, VegNews TV chef, and nutrition instructor
This vegan recipe is a tasty and easy one-dish dinner!
dried polenta (yellow corn grits)
of garlic powder
onion, sliced, use Cone #4
cloves garlic, shredded, use Cone #1
bell pepper, processed, use Cone #3
mushrooms, sliced, use Cone #4
cooked beans (pinto, kidney or black work well)
- Combine the water, polenta and spices in sauce pan.
- Cover and cook over medium-high heat. When Vapo-Valve™ clicks, reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- When cooked, stir in nutritional yeast.
- Pour into bake and roast pan to cool and set.
- Heat the onions, garlic, bell peppers and mushrooms in skillet over medium heat and cover.
- When the Vapo-Valve™ clicks, reduce heat to low and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Stir spinach, olives and beans in with the vegetables.
- Cut cooled and firm polenta in small squares (about 1-inch) and add to skillet. Mix well.
- Serve in a bowl, or place in a tortilla with fresh salsa. Enjoy!