5 Qt./4.7 L Roaster with Cover
12" Chef's Gourmet Skillet
small mixing bowl
These are pork chops that will melt in your mouth! And the tangy slaw that accompanies it is full of flavor. This meal is both nutritious and delicious, and packed with complex carbohydrates.
pork chops, bone-in, thin cut
red cabbage, shredded, use Cone #4
red bell pepper cut thinly julienne style
red onion, chopped, use Cone #4
green apples, chopped, use Cone #3
carrots, shredded, use Cone #2
- In a small bowl thoroughly blend all of the marinade ingredients. Place pork chops in a large, flat pan (or a large zip-lock bag), pour marinade over chops and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Can marinate overnight.
- Preheat skillet over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on the pan skitter and dissipate, place pork chops in pan. Lower heat to medium-low and cook chop about 3 minutes. Turn and cook about 2 minutes more. Meat should be browned but still slightly pink in the center. Transfer to plate, tent with foil or cover with another plate, and let the meat rest.
- Preheat roaster over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on the pan skitter and dissipate, place cabbage, bell pepper, onion, apple and carrots. Cook until just starting to soften, about 5 minutes. remove pan from heat.
- In a small bowl blend vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Stir mixture into pan with vegetables and apple, a little at a time, until it reaches the moistness desired; blend thoroughly. Save any remaining dressing for a salad at another time.
- Place vegetable mixture on plate, place pork chops on top and serve.
- Can marinate overnight.
- Vegetables can be cut the night before serving.
- Add a touch of mayonnaise to leftover slaw and use to top burgers.
Most is discarded