Saladmaster Food Processor
7 Qt./6.6 L Roaster with Cover
11" Large Skillet with Cover
fish stock or clam juice
carrots, strung, use Cone #2
onion, strung, use Cone #2
black pepper, coarsely ground
scallops, about 18
spot prawns, about 18
garlic, shredded, use Cone #1
Dungeness crab, about 3 clusters, or 18 mussels
- In roaster over medium heat, combine fish stock, water, carrots, onions, and pepper. Cover and cook until Vapo-Valve™ clicks. Reduce heat to low and simmer 20 minutes. Reduce heat and keep warm, do not continue to simmer
- Meanwhile, preheat skillet over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on the pan skitter and dissipate, add well rinsed (and not dried) scallops, prawns and garlic in skillet. Sauté until scallops and prawns turn opaque. With slotted spoon transfer cooked seafood to broth in roaster.
- Separate legs on crab clusters and add to mixture in roaster.
- Using the same skillet over medium heat, cook tomatoes uncovered for approximately 5 minutes. Transfer to roaster and heat through. Season with salt and additional pepper, if desired.
- For each serving, ladle about 2 cups seafood and broth into shallow bowls.